When I bought my punching bag a few years ago, I started hitting it like a mad every day. I did not care about the time and combinations. Frankly, I only knew two types of punches: cross and jab. And, well, I combine them. Looking back on those workouts, they were just playing with the heavy bag.
But I loved it so much that I started to dig deep into the topic. I learned all the punches and some easy combos. I practiced them all the time with and without a heavy bag, and as time went by, I felt more and more confident.
However, there was a problem. I wanted to train as real boxers do with a coach. So, I wrote the boxing combinations on the wall of my home gym and picked them randomly. It was much better than hitting the bag without aim, but it was a difficult method since I could not focus as I wanted.
As I developed, I wanted to go to the local boxing gym, but I was busy, so I could not let myself do that. But I was so crazy with heavy bag training that I did not give up.
Finally, I found an excellent boxing training app called Precision Boxing Coach made by JT Van V an ex-professional boxer who has a fantastic box training channel on Youtube. This app is the best if you need a virtual boxing coach for your home workouts.
Watch the video below to learn how it works presented by the creator and boxing trainer.
Why is it such a powerful boxing training app?
The Precision Boxing Coach app is the best boxing app for anyone who wants to improve their boxing skills, do boxing exercises, find workout routines, or find useful boxing tips. Here are the best features.
- It is perfect for both beginners and advanced-level trainees.
- Highly adjustable. That means you can set the number of rounds, the intensity of your boxing workout, the length of rounds, and the rest.
- You can choose from 5 workout types depending on your level and the hardness of combinations you want to perform.
- Amateur: It is for beginners with simple combos.
- Golden Gloves with a 4-punch combination.
- Pro, Titleist, and P4P with up to 8-punch combos.
- It is a boxing app that calls out punches and is like a virtual trainer. The instructions are told and can be seen on your device’s screen as well.
- The combos are built up.
- Learn defensive and offensive combinations.
- Boxing defense techniques are also included.
- There is also a southpaw and counter strike mode.
- It is a shadow boxing and heavy bag workout app.
- You can also do sparring drills and boxing with pad work with your trainer. Great to substitute a sparring partner or an opponent.
- Good choice for fitness training sessions. It is a different workout type compared to other fitness apps. Perfect for getting in shape and improving your stamina.
- Many videos with exercises for boxers are suitable for strength and cardio workouts. Great sources for motivations and information.
- The basic application is free, and the Pro version is just a few bucks. No subscription is required for a one-time payment.
What’s the downside? Kicks aren’t included, so not the best option for kickboxing, MMA, or Muay Thai.
Download from Google Play here for android devices and iTunes here for iOS.
What should you know to use this boxing workout app?
Since the punches are told by numbers, you should know how to perform these punches correctly and their number.
Here are the basic punches you should know.
- 1: jab
- 2: cross
- 3: left hook
- 4: right hook
- 5. left uppercut
- 6. right uppercut
- 7: left shover hook
- 8: overhand right
Also, there are body shots for 1,2,4,5,6, and the defense instructions are told out.
So, if you are a total beginner and do not know the punches yet, you will need time to learn and get used to the numbers. But with practice, it will be OK. Just keep training. By knowing some basic boxing combinations, you can get started.
I have tried a few other boxing training apps, but none of them were useful and professional, like Precision Boxing Coach. I strongly suggest this boxing application for everyone who wants effective boxing workouts at home led by a professional boxer.
Thanks, JT Van V, for the Precision Boxing Coach App.
Have you tried other boxing apps? Tell us how they worked for you!